Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm feeling sad | Cherished Memories Photography

It has been a tough week. I lost my wonderful wonderful grandfather last Wednesday. It has been a sad time for my family as we selfishly greive. I say selfishly because it was truly his time and he is now resting comfortably. The pastor who conducted the service yesterday, who is also one of our cousins, made the most incredible statement. He talked about how death came as a friend to my grandfather. That is so true.

I have been reflecting all week on my life- just thinking about how blessed my life is. I wanted to pick up my camera and start taking pictures of everything around me that I am blessed with. Of course, the first thing I turned to was my baby girl. Just being her beautiful, silly, incredible self. It was funny, in a way, how much I needed my daughter this week. I needed her hugs, her love, her goofiness, her kisses, and her attention. I needed her to snap me back to reality when I wanted to just be sad. It was a realization to me how much I need her everyday. I love photographing her playing in her playroom. I laughed at these pictures after I loaded them. While I was needing her so much, she just needed her best friends- her passy, 2 Taggies blankets, her mouse and her Taggies frog we call "Silly Frog".

What did I do to deserve my amazing husband, my beautiful daughter, my 2nd baby girl due in 7 weeks, and all of my blessings? I am truly lucky and I thank my lucky stars for everyone in my life. I can honestly stand by my photography name- Cherished Memories.

2 comments:

  1. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers as you grieve. And you are so lucky to be blessed with talent and a great family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww.....your daughter is adorable! Love the picture with all of her favorites in her lap....:) sooooo precious! Being such a talented photographer...you are giving your clients those cherished memories to last...

    ReplyDelete